Sunday 5 June 2011

If i change my cylinder head off my 92 prelude do i have to change the head gasket as well?

i have a 92 prelude h23 and im thinking of buying a h23 cylinder head to replace my broken one. if i do this do i have to replace my head gasket even tho its not blown?





btw my timing belt went out thats why im changing the head.|||Both previous answers are good. I would buy the Haynes manual which will save you grief in that it will detail the whole procedure. Tightening down method and sequence is often critical if you don%26#039;t want to end up with a new blown head gasket.|||Yes you need a new head gasket. You only use them once................md|||Yes, you always change the head gasket when you remove the cylinder head.





Also, with some vehicles the cylinder head bolts must be replaced each time they are removed. Not certain if this is a requirement but I would find out. Ask your automotive parts store. They would know.|||yes, replace the head gasket.

No comments:

Post a Comment