Friday 7 October 2011

Any one have any knowledge of Blue Devil head gasket sealant?

I drive a 98 firebird 6 cylinder and my head gasket recently blew. im really tight on cash and i was wondering if any one has experience with Blue Devil Head gasket sealant. Id like to try it out, but i was wondering if it doesn't work what will it do to my car. Can i just flush it out or if i try it and it doesn't work will it leave my car unable to change the head gasket? I guess I'm asking, If i use this, and its unsuccessful, is there any residue that i would have to break the engine down to get out before being able to change the gasket? thanks all.Any one have any knowledge of Blue Devil head gasket sealant?I used it back in February.On the day I lost the gasket,I had bubbling in the expansion tank and it had leaked so much coolant into the cylinders that I had hydro lock and couldn't crank the engine.Once started it was like a fog machine.There was no way I was going to replace both gaskets on the engine(V6) .They claim a 90% success rate with a money back guarantee.I have over 2000 miles since using this product.I am not losing coolant and the recent oil change looked good.

The stuff looks like window cleaner and contains no fillers.It is important to remove as much coolant as possible along with removing the thermostat.Just to be safe I also by-passed the heater core because of horror stories I've heard.It is not supposed to restrict or clog the system as it has no fillers.I believe what is supposed to happen is when the BD hits a hot spot such as the cylinder gases leaking into the jacket,the water in the solution will flash off and the sodium silicate will be left behind.How it works against the cylinder pressure I couldn't tell you.This is very similar to the liquid that car dealers would pour in your crankcase to seize the engine during the cash for clunkers program.This product was recommended by a local garage who said this stuff works.If your going to build the motor or if the vehicle has low miles or is newer,then tear it down and rebuild it.But,if you want to save a few dollars try the BD.

Good Luck.I did put a short video on Youtube.:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCrUb8AXLvY
Any one have any knowledge of Blue Devil head gasket sealant?
Blue devil is a good cheap fix and is guaranteed to work when done correctly. I have done this for a few customers in a pinch, but remember when you want to repair it the right way you must do a complete tear down and rebuild but its cheaper at that point to buy a used engine and do the head gasket before the install.

No comments:

Post a Comment