Monday 17 October 2011

I have change my head gasket!! put new water pump in and had 3 new thermostat s car will not bleed up?

so i took out my thermostat and every thing ok ? try bleeding it now for 2 weeks and no luck ? so was just thinking will it b ok to run with out thermostat for a while ? cos i sick ov it just looking at me on the drive, lolI have change my head gasket!! put new water pump in and had 3 new thermostat s car will not bleed up?As with your other question, it would help to know what car you are on about.
I have change my head gasket!! put new water pump in and had 3 new thermostat s car will not bleed up?
Need more info about the car make model year to help. Did you flush the cooling system?
I have change my head gasket!! put new water pump in and had 3 new thermostat s car will not bleed up?
1 r u putting thermostate in upside down ? maybe?

2 hoses,,,if old and soft they can go flat under pressure and heat

3 car without thermo will run cold,,,bad for engine but ok for now untill you figger wtf is going on
Whatever could you mean by %26quot;car will not bleed up%26quot;.

And NO, the car will not run correctly if you leave out the thermostat.

Also, what does this mean, %26quot;try bleeding it now for 2 weeks and no luck %26quot;

What are you bleeding.
so your saying you can,t get the air out? try doing it this way. start your car and once the thermostat is open take 1 of the heater hoses off for a second and put it back on. if you have air that should let it out.
Yes it will run.

Thermostat controls the coolant in your engine's cooling system. my car lives without a thermostat for almost 7 years.



I removed it since it always got rusted and stucked up causing my temperature gauge to lights up.



Since i removed my engine's thermostat, so far in 7 years time, i haven't experienced my car overheats.



I lived in the middle of the equator, it's hot in here.

As long as my main fan and auxiliary fan is working, i have no doubt of having an engine without a thermostat.
First things first, you are using the right technique aren't you? Letting the temperature come up so the thermostat opens, and turning the heater up full-bore? If you don't you'll never bleed it properly. The entire system must be flowing freely for a successful bleed.



You don't say what car, but some have supplementary bleed valves, usually on the heater piping, which must be opened as well.
look on intake should be bleeder valve on or near thermostat housing , it is used to bleed air from motor top.
I know this may sound strange but some vehicles need to be raised in the front to bleed air out of coolant system. I would call your local radiator repair center and ask them for the proper bleed procedure. DO NOT remove any hoses after allowing the engine to warm up. You could be very badly burned!!!! Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment