Monday 17 October 2011

Does it make sence to change my head gasket once again?

I have a 1995 Honda civic, I had an overheating problem in 2003, and I had a reconditioned replacement of my head gasket and a radiator replacement shortly after; the car was fine until about 4 years after the replacement, I started to have overheating problems once again, in fact I was told up until recently that the car overheats because of ruptured radiator hose, each time this happened I have had my radiator hose replaced, however there were a couple of times when the car overheated and the reason was unexplained, but, now I have been told by two mechanics that I have a blown head gasket once again. This car has overheated since the summer of 2007 about 10 times maybe more. I am becoming somewhat paranoid that even after having a replacement head gasket the problem may still exist, as I have heard horror stories of this. Can someone please tell me if it is worth fixing once again? has any one had similar problems with this type of car? Your opinions and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Does it make sence to change my head gasket once again?A blown head gasket should result in continuous overheating and not periodical. It might be that your cooling system needs flushing completely if your car is over four years old. Also on the suction side of the radiator, the hose has a spiral wire inside to prevent collapsing. It may appear OK from visual appearance but under heat/pressure, it will close off flow of cooling fluid and cause overheating. Reach down and feel both hoses and try to compress them by squeezing. If you can squeeze them together by hand, then the spiral wire inside the hose is surely deteriorated and allowing you to do so. Replace it and recheck your heating problem. A 'blown' head gasket is usually audible making hissing or whistling noise. This is caused by a warped or scored head or engine block. The aluminum blocks of this model tends to sometimes do that. Also, check your oil to see if it has water in it (yellowish emulsified coloring). Cracked/blown gaskets,blocks,heads should exhibit this.
Does it make sence to change my head gasket once again?
that's not uncommon on one that's had previous problems before,its possible it does need another head gasket but id get a few more opinions on it before i had someone tear it down,they can run a compression check on the engine and check for a bad head gasket,if it got hot enough though it will blow a head gasket,so this could be the same cause of it happening again,it only takes one good time of getting it hot to blow another head gasket,good luck on it,
  • adjectives proof
  • connect two computers
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment