Friday 7 October 2011

Blown head gasket AGAIN? OR cracked head?

I just had my head gasket changed about 2 months ago and it came with a warranty of 12k miles or 1 year, they had to fix a cam seal 2 weeks after the head gasket. Now there was all oil in my radiator and no oil in the engine.The shop is now trying to convince me to let them put a different motor in my car. I think they are trying to get out of the warranty work...any advice?Blown head gasket AGAIN? OR cracked head?They can do a very simple test (magnaflux) to see if your head or block is cracked. Fixing that can be expensive and a hassle, or it can be not worth the trouble. The question is whether or not they are to blame. It's much easier to pull off head and look at the gasket to see if it's failed. And I think they should at least do that before denying their own warranty.

No comments:

Post a Comment