Saturday 24 September 2011

After changing the head gaskets on a 2.8 V6 in a 88 Buick Regal, I now have no spark. Help!?

I was very meticulous and I have the Haynes manual for it. Everything is put back together properly. It was running when I pulled it into the shop. I tore it down, changed the head gaskets, and put her back together. Now there is no spark. Suggestions please.After changing the head gaskets on a 2.8 V6 in a 88 Buick Regal, I now have no spark. Help!?i own a repair shop,and look at all the wires real good ,,there has to be one of them not connected back up,,look around the distributor real good ,i think you,ll find one ,not hooked back up,,one that has fallen in behind something,,and you cant see it good,check it out real good I'm sure you,ll find it,good luck hope this help,s.,happy new years .
After changing the head gaskets on a 2.8 V6 in a 88 Buick Regal, I now have no spark. Help!?
check spark plugs
After changing the head gaskets on a 2.8 V6 in a 88 Buick Regal, I now have no spark. Help!?
Check the distributor (make sure the points are making contact) and timing.
maybe u have the wires reversed on the coil
coil ,distributer, timing belt
Did that job on my 89 2.8 Celebrity. Make sure the secondary wires going to the Coil are connected. seems like it was blue clip. You should be able to detect voltage at those leads. If not trace it back to where you do have voltage.If you have voltage there but nothing out of the distributor then I would bet that the wire from the transducer in the distributor that connects to the horse shoe shaped circuit board on the shaft has busted( under the rotor) usually not repairable. i don't know how many GM's around that year I have had this problem with a least four that I have owned. the easiest thing to do is replace the distributor from the junk yard.



The other option is that you really do have have spark just didn't replace the distribute to the correct position.



voltage into the secondary wires on the coil will generate spark when the transducer in the distributor says let the spark go. one set of wires is voltage in and the other is to the transducer.

Hence transducer broken wire no spark.......
Check For Power At The Distributor Module....Loose Wire...Disconnected Wire(s)..It is Something You Did At Tear Down Or Hookup....Longshot....Module Failed....Auto Zone can test your module

No comments:

Post a Comment