Saturday 24 September 2011

What happens when you replace a head gasket on an old car?

I was told my car needs a head gasket but then I was told that changing it on my car with 170000miles on it would be pointless cause it still won't run. They said I need to redo the bottom end to is that true?What happens when you replace a head gasket on an old car?I usually vote for Ken; However it will be fine to just change the head gasket followed by the oil.
What happens when you replace a head gasket on an old car?
depending on the car i would say its time/you need an engine and thats it
What happens when you replace a head gasket on an old car?
does motor run now if so an you dont have musgh money you can just do head gasket if you have money for a rebult motor then go for it . or just trad it in on a new car
If your car has that kind of mileage I would recommend doing a complete rebuild. If you restore the upper end compression it may cause blow by of oil past the rings. Why tear it down twice when you can do the job once and be finished. The car would run if you only did the gasket job, just not well or for very long. It would be false economy to go cheap by only doing the gasket.

No comments:

Post a Comment